SDSU eases COVID-19 restrictions on campus
BROOKINGS, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - South Dakota State University has eased COVID-19 restrictions at its Brookings campus as coronavirus case numbers continue to fall in the region.
On Thursday, university officials said their COVID-19 Response Team changed university safety level from yellow to blue, effective immediately. The change returns the campus to more familiar operations.
President Dunn said the change is another positive step in a yearlong effort by students, employees, and the Brookings community to manage COVID-19.
The most noticeable changes under the blue safety level include:
- Campus – SDSU is open and following pre-pandemic capacity guidelines with few exceptions;
- Academic – Courses typically delivered in person are face-to-face with few exceptions;
- Employees – Office and lab interaction restrictions are lifted;
- Events – Event plans do not have to be reviewed by the COVID-19 Response Team;
- Residence Life – Residence halls are open with pre-pandemic capacity and no guest restrictions;
- Food Service – Dining services are open and will operate without capacity restrictions; and
- Travel – Travel is not restricted.
Dunn noted the COVID-19 Response Team will continue to operate and monitor any changes in overall cases in the county and region.
Copyright 2021 Dakota News Now. All rights reserved.